About D & C Granite and Marble Design Gallery
Artisan and store owner Luis Serrazina began learning the craft of working with stone at the age 13. His skill and love for working with natural rock evolved over many years as he worked with his hands in various fields until one day his dream was realized. In the 1980s, he opened his own shop. D & C Granite and Marble Design Gallery was started with a vision: working with raw materials to create a beautiful and functional finished product for every client. Luis has always been committed to bringing the customer something the competitor cannot: experience and craftsmanship joined with commitment and honesty.
Your home is a reflection of your lifestyle and success. You are a connoisseur of all the finer things in life. You demand the best; so do we. That is why we have chosen to build for a distinct and selective clientele who appreciate fine work created especially for them. We invite you to experience a whole new way of building a custom kitchen, bath or fireplace as well as any other creative renovations you have dreamed about for the indoor and outdoor spaces of your home.
“I do for you as I would do for me.” This is the motto of store owner and master craftsman, Luis Serrazina. As our client, you will always be treated by this standard. Let us provide for you a truly unique experience in marble, granite and stone creations. Whatever you can imagine and even what you cannot await to be designed and crafted just for you.
Countertop Replacement Process
D & C Granite and Marble Design Gallery specializes in countertop replacement. We are your one stop shopping for kitchen and bath replacement countertops. When replacing your countertop, we do not remove existing counter until we have made the new one and it is ready to be installed.
Installing a new countertop is usually a two step process. The first day, we remove the old top, install the new one and seam it. The second day, we clean the seam, install the sink and redo the plumbing.
- Disconnect plumbing.
- Remove old counter and dispose of it
- Remove old tile backsplash and replace drywall
- Install granite counter, attach sink, install faucet, garbage disposal, instant hot water dispenser, connect drain, install dishwasher if new and secure.
- Install under cabinet lighting.
- Install tile backsplash.
- Create and install window sills and backsplash for jointless grout line for easy cleaning and maintenance.
Suggestions and what we do to provide excellent workmanship to our customers:
- We suggest using a full granite piece behind the stove for easy cleaning.
- When we install 4” backsplash, we use the same granite as the counter for a perfect match and mill it down to ¾” for a sharp elegant appearance.
- We also can install full solid granite backsplash for a seamless and sharp look (we mill it to ¾” thick).
- We make and install steel brackets to support granite overhangs on island and breakfast bars. This support is almost unnoticed and is extremely effective.
- Overhangs on islands should be 12” minimum to be seated.
To make it more convenient for our customers, we provide one stop shopping by supplying:
- Blanco stainless steel kitchen sinks
- Kohler bathroom under mount bowl
- Blanco faucets
- Kohler faucets
- Insinkerator garbage disposal
- Instant hot water dispenser